Sunday, May 30, 2010

Penang Hill - 833m above sea level

I can still remember the first time I hiked PG Hill. It was 1990, I was Form 2 during that time. I was there again in 1992. After 10 years, I went hiking on every weekend and offday @ Pg Hill with one objective - to loose weight. I was 95kg. This is what I called - overweight. Managed to reduced 15kg. Weight down to 80kg.
I first cycling tuition class up to Pg Hill was in 2004. It took me 1hr 30 minutes to reach the summit. I pushed the bike more than I cycle the bike and not forgetting the weight of the bike is 14kg - my body weight is at 78kg.
I thought that my time has improved since I can do it within 1hr 10 minutes. I keep pushing for years. Seeing little progress from year to year. Year 2009 - fastest record was 56 minutes to reach the summit.
Begining of 2010 - my fastest record to reach the summit was 54 minutes. Mid of May - I improved 4 minutes from the previous record when I clock the time of 50 minutes to the summit.
Last weekend - My Saturday record was 48 minutes 15 sec. My Sunday record was 45 minuntes 51 sec. I've come this far.... I know what with strong determination and the right attitude - everytihing can be achieved. This year, my riding skills improved thanks to my "sifu". He was the one guiding me when I broke my own record of 48 min 15 sec. I never thought I could have cycle up in less than 46 minutes.
I feel great - I thanked "sifu" when I reached the summit.

No comments:

Post a Comment