Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bicycle

This is my first time bloggin.... I'm not a writer nor a blogger.... Don't know what topic I wanna write..... the only interest I have...... cycling.

When I was small, I was scared of learning how to cycle. There was no small bicycle @ home. So I learn riding bicycle without landing my butt on the saddle as I was too short at the age of 9 years old. The bicycle was called as "Japanese bicycle"..... later I found out that it's called "Japanese bicycle" caused the Japanese Army used bicycle to advanced from Siam to Malaya. Similar looking type. That "Japanese bicycle" is the only mean of transportation for my mum and my siblings. I always envy the kids with BMX and they have 2 side wheels to help them to learn how to cycle without falling.

My mum bought a 2nd hand bicycle -"Chopper" for my 10 years old - I can still remember the price my mum paid for the bike - RM20. Good bike..... I rode it for 3 years. Then the bike was "decommissioned". Inherited a road bike with flat handle bar from my brother. That was my means of transport during high school. Stop cycling for 10 years after I have my motorcycle license.

Bought a RM200 mountain bike in 2002. cheap metal bike. Can't even cycle 5km during that time..... is not the bike issue.... is the rider issue - I was so fat.... until everyone that see me during that time said - "you put on weight" - 95kg. I can keep on going to write bout cycling.....

Ever since I started cycling in 2002. I managed to reduce 25kg. Now most of my friends will say - "you look thinner compare to last time"...... hahaha..... that's what I want to hear. Now I have 3 Mountain bikes @ home...... love riding during the weekday and weekend. Thanks to cycling - it builds the confident in me over the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment