Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oats for lunch

Here am I sitting in my office cube at 12noon. Skip lunch today after a packet of Nasi lemak for breakfast. I decided to make myself a mug of oats. That's my lunch. While reading some email from my cycling gang.... I think this is useful tips to share:-

1. Drinking water during ride

If your rear brake is on the right hand side of the bike, you shall use your left hand to hold your water bottle while drinking. Otherwise, when you need to brake, you press on the front brake… your bike will tumble and you will have serious injury. If you must use your right hand to hold the water bottle, then, switch your rear brake to left size of the bike prior to the ride.

2. Listening to music during ride

It is not encouraged to listen to music (especially on ear phones) during ride. You will not hear traffics around you and you cannot ride defensively.

3. Do not answer your H/P during down hill (Road and MTB).
I know a friend who actually crash (Road bike) when coming down at Teluk Bahang Hill when answering a call.

4. Scan the road ahead of you.
If you see any animals esp dogs, need to slow down as I have crash at Tlk Bahang down hill when a dog "insists" of crossing the road and hit my front wheel from the side.

5. Slow down at every blind corner during down hill
I nearly rammed into a car immediately after the blind corner as the car stops due to traffic jam in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment